Categorized | International, News, Regional

Toddler reportedly poisoned by beads on necklace bought in Jamaica

'John Crow beads'

‘John Crow beads’

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, Jan. 17, CMC – A woman from Louisiana in the United States says her two year old daughter is recovering from a near fatal poisoning after swallowing beads from a necklace bought from a vendor in Montego Bay.

Samantha Gandy, 29, who was a passenger on cruise ship that docked here last week, said her daughter Audrey apparently swallowed beads from a necklace her grandmother bought during a previous cruise from a vendor at the dock in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

According to Gandy her daughter was drooling and burning with fever and was rushed to a hospital when the ship arrived here on Thursday.

She says tests confirmed the child had been poisoned by a necklace made from the local “John Crow” beads.

 

Comments are closed.

TMR print pages

Newsletter

Archives

CARICOM – Staff Vacancy

CXC HEADQUARTERS - Executive Search

https://indd.adobe.com/embed/2b4deb22-cf03-4509-9bbd-938c7e8ecc7d

A Moment with the Registrar of Lands

'John Crow beads'

‘John Crow beads’

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, Jan. 17, CMC – A woman from Louisiana in the United States says her two year old daughter is recovering from a near fatal poisoning after swallowing beads from a necklace bought from a vendor in Montego Bay.

Samantha Gandy, 29, who was a passenger on cruise ship that docked here last week, said her daughter Audrey apparently swallowed beads from a necklace her grandmother bought during a previous cruise from a vendor at the dock in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Insert Ads Here

According to Gandy her daughter was drooling and burning with fever and was rushed to a hospital when the ship arrived here on Thursday.

She says tests confirmed the child had been poisoned by a necklace made from the local “John Crow” beads.