Categorized | Local, News

The popular Montserrat Idol Show is nearing completion

Tomeika

The Montserrat Idol is now in its fifth week and the hype continues to build. The show can now be safely described as a household one and expectations are high.

Organizer Tom Walker, indicated that he is hoping to make it an annual one. To him, the response for this,

Lucy

the first ever season, is encouraging. He described the weekly turnout as good and noted that the interest level is high among residents. In short, “amazing,” was the only word he used to describe the Idol journey so far.

In a previously aired report, he said, “I have been blown away by how popular this this has become in a very short amount of time…we’ll look at it after all of this is over and see if it makes sense to do it again next year…”

Racquel

His sentiments were echoed by some who also believe that the Montserrat Idol should take a permanent spot on the calendar of events for the Emerald Isle.

Responding to a question on the cost to pull off the show, Walker said it is too soon to determine a figure since things are still in the teething stage.

Sponsors include Fly Montserrat, Ashok’s Supermarket and Jacquie Ryan Enterprises Limited.

Steve

Walker explained to The Montserrat Reporter (TMR), that the decision to introduce the Montserrat Idol, was based on his observation of the recently concluded Calypso competition rounds. Ten persons, all above ‘the age 17 cut off point’, embarked on the Idol journey mid-January. Each week thereafter eliminations were made.

The much talked about grand finale would be held at the usual Soca Cabana venue on March 26, when the winner is expected to walk away with a round trip to neighbouring Antigua along with spending money. The first runner-up would receive a monetary reward.

Shanelle

Leave a Reply

TMR print pages

Newsletter

Archives

CARICOM – Staff Vacancy

CXC HEADQUARTERS - Executive Search

https://indd.adobe.com/embed/2b4deb22-cf03-4509-9bbd-938c7e8ecc7d

A Moment with the Registrar of Lands

Tomeika

The Montserrat Idol is now in its fifth week and the hype continues to build. The show can now be safely described as a household one and expectations are high.

Organizer Tom Walker, indicated that he is hoping to make it an annual one. To him, the response for this,

Insert Ads Here

Lucy

the first ever season, is encouraging. He described the weekly turnout as good and noted that the interest level is high among residents. In short, “amazing,” was the only word he used to describe the Idol journey so far.

In a previously aired report, he said, “I have been blown away by how popular this this has become in a very short amount of time…we’ll look at it after all of this is over and see if it makes sense to do it again next year…”

Racquel

His sentiments were echoed by some who also believe that the Montserrat Idol should take a permanent spot on the calendar of events for the Emerald Isle.

Responding to a question on the cost to pull off the show, Walker said it is too soon to determine a figure since things are still in the teething stage.

Sponsors include Fly Montserrat, Ashok’s Supermarket and Jacquie Ryan Enterprises Limited.

Steve

Walker explained to The Montserrat Reporter (TMR), that the decision to introduce the Montserrat Idol, was based on his observation of the recently concluded Calypso competition rounds. Ten persons, all above ‘the age 17 cut off point’, embarked on the Idol journey mid-January. Each week thereafter eliminations were made.

The much talked about grand finale would be held at the usual Soca Cabana venue on March 26, when the winner is expected to walk away with a round trip to neighbouring Antigua along with spending money. The first runner-up would receive a monetary reward.

Shanelle